First Week in Salcombe!

So this first week has gone so fast and almost been a bit of a blur. In order to stop myself having any feelings of homesickness or being a stranger in this town, I have kept myself extremely busy and managed to have such a fun week! I really didn’t need to worry…
Monday morning we woke up to miserable weather and so decided to take it as an opportunity to climb into the landrover and go for a long drive, exploring the beautiful country side and all of the different surfing beaches, talking to the different surf clubs along the way. When we got back to the house we were absolutely exhausted and a trip to the local pub to meet some friends was definitely needed! We ended up spending all evening there, until we headed back to the house for some dinner and an early night, ready for a busy day the next day.
On Tuesday we had a bit of a blip regarding out opening party as we started advertising it for the wrong day! Such idiots… we quickly sorted that out though and went for a quick meeting with the manager of the bar to sort everything out. The meeting went so fab and we actually couldn’t have been happier with it, we got everything sorted, the date changed, the venue and band booked and were so happy! After organising the party, I had to drive Ewan half an hour to Bantham beach (he can’t drive) for his surfing lesson but the weather was so horrible so I met some friends on another beach (half an hour away) for lunch and a long walk on the beach, before driving back to Bantham (so bored of driving now) to pick up Ewan to then both go back to Salcombe. I was absolutely exhausted so made myself a big yummy dinner when I got in, before heading to a friends house to get ready for our night out!
On Wednesday we woke up to a mission, build an epic sandcastle! We only had an hour to get it completed to headed down town and got the boat taxi across the sea to north sands beach where we started building! Well.. I was building and Ewan was taking photos! After our sandcastle was complete we took some quick snaps and then headed back to our house to use the wifi and submit it to head office. We then met up with some friends and headed to The Winking Prawn for lunch, it’s a really cute beach restaurant overlooking the huge bay with the most delicious deep fried popcorn shrimp ever! We filled ourselves up completely and then headed back to the house to do some filming! It was such a busy day but we needed to film some practise interviews ready for the festival that we’ve got coming up! My friend Tess dressed up as James Bay and I played the role of interviewer, we both got so into our roles pretending that we were actually at a festival and it was absolutely hilarious and our manager loved it! Wednesday evening was a lazy one, Ewan decided to take a nap at around 5pm and didn’t resurface again so I spent my evening sorting out some things for the festival, cooking a yummy stir fry, on FaceTime to my dad for his birthday and watching gossip girl! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY DADDDDY!!!)
This morning was a fab one, our friend Dan took us for a whizz around the harbour on his Rib boat! We stopped off at Captain Morgan’s for some breakfast sarnies to have on the journey and sailed around the different beaches, properly appreciating Salcombe. Then I had a very much needed stop of at Cranches Pantry, the famous proper British Sweet Shop!
This afternoon will be filled with party prep and festival planning… we leave tomorrow! It feels as if we’ve only just got to Salcombe and we’re already getting ready to leave… but only for the weekend, then we’ll be back!